Thursday 17 July 2014

Simple Nail Art tutorial


Hi my lovelies. Today's post is a rather simple nail art tutorial. Since I haven't posted much lately I thought what better way to get back into the swing of things than with some lovely nails. I don't know about you lot, but personally, I love reading nail art tutorials and looking through endless pictures on instagram and tumblr of nails. If these posts are something you enjoy reading, then please leave me a comment because I am always doing my nails and would love to make it a main feature here on my blog. 
Silly me of course forgot to take pictures as I was going along, but instead I will explain exactly what I've done to create these nails - it's really easy-peasy! 

To create this nail art you will need:
  • 2 colours of your choice (I have chosen essie 'Go Ginza' & NYC 'Lavender Blossom'
  • White nail polish (I'm using 'Pinstripe White' by NYC)
  • Nail art striper pen in black
To get started, you first need to paint all your nails with the white nail polish, this will be your base colour. I applied 3 coats of my white polish to get a really opaque finish. After waiting about 10 minutes or so for them to dry, I then went ahead and started to add my design. I really hadn't a clue what sort of look I was going for and just made it up as I went along but I really like the effect it gave. 

I painted my pointer finger first, coating it with essie's 'Go Ginza' about 2/3rds of the way down. With the white part that was left at the tip, I halved it diagonally and painted one side with NYC 'Lavender Blossom'. After it had dried slightly for 2-3 minutes, I went in my black striper pen and just drew a simple triangle shape on the other side to outline where the white part was. 

Baring the same sort of design in mind, I then moved onto my middle finger which I again split into 3 sections. Painting near the base of my nail first, I applied the purple shade at an angle and also the same with the pink shade, just in the opposite direction. Make sure to leave what looks like a 'triangle' shape in the middle and finish it off by using your black striper pen to outline this triangular shape. 

The ring finger I decided to leave all-white as I thought this would make a nice accent finger. For the pinky finger and thumb, I used the same design. I painted across the tip of the nail using my purple shade, doing this at an angle. I then added a simple triangle shaped design at the side of my nail using the pink shade. Once the two colours had dried I simply outlined the shapes again using my black striper pen. Easy!



Hopefully I explained it as well as possible to you all and you can try create something similar to this. Play around with the angles and colours of this design too, it doesn't have to be exactly the same as mine. If you do create some nail art similar to this, leave me a comment down below or on my twitter because I would love to see them. Thanks so much for reading!






1 comment:

  1. Your nails are fab, I love them! Great tutorial and easy to follow x

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +