Wednesday 25 June 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm: Elusive


Hi my lovelies! Today I have another review post here on the Powder Room. I'll be sharing my thoughts on the Colorburst Matte Lip Balms by Revlon and the shade I will be reviewing is called Elusive. I was fairly late to the bandwagon when everyone was going crazy over lip crayons. The lip crayon/balmstain is fast becoming the favourite lip product of choice lately for many women. I have tried quite a few of these type of products from various different brands and so far I have struggled to find both a formula and shade that suits me - until now.

I have been loving this lip product by Revlon recently and I have found myself wearing it quite a bit during these sunny Summer days. Revlon describes this lip product as 'Vibrant colors infused with a Triple Butter Complex to give you a bold, beautiful lip. It's a burst of matte color, with a balm-like feel.' So in other-words, a heavily pigmented lip balm with a matte finish. There are 10 shades to choose from in the collection with Elusive being the colour I chose - a vibrant baby pink. The Colorburst Matte Lip Balms last for a good 2-3 hours before having to reapply, depending on how much you eat and drink and they feel really moisturising and comfortable to wear on the lips. I was also really impressed with the creamy formula and how easy they were to apply. Elusive is a really beautiful shade which I feel would compliment any skintone and is a perfect colour to wear during the Summer months. It's also a great shade to just throw on to brighten up any outfit and add a pop of colour.


One thing I'm not too keen on about these lip balms is the scent. If you're not into heavily scented lip products then you won't like these. Quite frankly I find the peppermint smell very overpowering and I think it takes away slightly from the product itself. None the less, I am willing to overlook this minor detail for the sake of a great lip product. I picked this up in Boots for €10.99 and I have to say, over-all I am really impressed with both the formula and colour range in these matte balm's. Bravo Revlon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +