Tuesday 16 April 2013

Foundation Review | Estee Lauder Double Wear

Hi everyone! 
So I was thinking for ages about what my first review should be on and then I realised.. let's start with a foundation (seeing as it's the staple product in any make up bag).
As a personal preference, I would always go for a foundation with medium to full coverage as I have quite an uneven skin tone with touches of redness around my nose and on my chin. Having heard great things about Estee Lauder's Double Wear, I was dying to try it out for ages and managed to finally pick it up last week. The woman behind the counter matched me up to 3n1 Ivory Beige (the 'N' stands for neutral).





Upon bringing it home, I was dying to try it on! First impressions about the packaging... I was very impressed. I love the look of the frosted glass bottle and the gold twisty cap, only downside about it I would say, is that there's no pump to dispense the product.
The foundation itself is amazing. The thick, creamy consistency gives it the medium to full coverage that I like and it's very easy to blend. I used my Real Techniques Buffing brush to buff in the product around my face.




The smallest amount of product is required, I only use a pea sized amount and it's more than enough to cover everything.
The finish of this foundation is Matte, so you could get away without powder if you wanted to. However, I still dab a tiny amount of powder down my t-zone, as it can get quite oily after a few hours.
The lasting power of this foundation, for me, was 16+ hours with one or two powder touch ups during the day.
All in all, Estee Lauder have really hit the nail on the head with this Foundation. It has everything you need, Medium to Full coverage, a lightweight feel, it lasts all day, has an SPF of 10(which is fairly reasonable) and most of all it looks great!
I picked up Double Wear from my local Boots for 35 euro... Which to me, is great value because the 30ml bottle will last you ages.
I would really recommend this foundation to anyone who likes a medium to full coverage and wants their make up to last all day! Cheers Estee Lauder.. another happy customer!

Have you tried Estee Lauders Double Wear?

Rachel x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - tell me what you think?

Copyright 2014. All rights reserved the PowderRoom.ie. Powered by Blogger.
  • the Powder Room | Beauty Fashion & Lifestyle Blog
  • +